Csikszentmihalyi makes the following suggestions to promote creativity:
* Pursue ideas that spark your interest.
* Try to find something everyday that surprises you, and write it down.
* Set goals at the beginning of the day to look forward to.
* When you get good at something, increase the complexity of it.
* Try to control your own schedule as much as possible and make time to reflect and relax.
* Find ways to express your emotions.
* Learn to look any given situation from as many perspectives as possible, and determine all the implications of the situation.
* Figure out what you love and hate about your life and living situation, and shape both to maximize what you love.